All matches are to be played under R&A Rules and Local Rules in Force on the Day
- Each team will consist of 10 players. 5 Players with a Handicap Index of 15.0 or less, the remaining 5 players with a handicap index of 15.1 to 24.0 inclusive. All handicaps must be current and active. All players must be a member of the relevant golf club.
- Players must be over 55 years old on 1st January 2021.
- The format will be 4 ball better ball. The Playing Handicap for each player is 90% of the Course Handicap. Once this has been established the stroke allowance will be the full difference from the lowest Playing Handicap player.
- The home team will decide which tee will be used for the competition i.e white or yellow and the corresponding stroke index will be used.
- Before play commences the team captains must exchange team sheets with the order of play.
- The order of play will be as the team sheet. Any team failing to field a full team will forfeit the match not played. The opponents of the forfeited match must be in attendance and ready to play in order to claim the match.
- There are no halved matches. If a match finishes all square after 18 holes the match will be awarded to the AWAY team.
- Members of more than one MDGA club can only play for one nominated club in all 2021 MDGA team knockouts.
- The HOME TEAM must offer a choice of three dates which must be weekday dates i.e Monday to Friday. The home team are under no obligation to offer any alternative dates to these three dates.
- Extensions to the closing date will not be granted and it is recommended that matches are played as early as possible so as to allow for a re-arranged match in the event of adverse weather conditions and course closures.
- A courtesy round should be offered for each round for a maximum of six pairs. Arrangements are to be made between the relevant team captains.
- If a match is not completed in the specified time the MDGA Executive will adjudicate.
- The winners must notify the MDGA secretary of the result by text or email by the closing date of each round.
- Use of Buggies. Please refer to the MDGA Buggy Policy on the website.
- Should any contingency arise which is not covered by the rules the decision of the MDGA Executive will be final.
The following Teams have a Bye to Round 1
Birchwood, Blackburn, Blackley, Chapel en le Frith, Chorlton cum Hardy, Darwen, Davyhulme Park, Denton, Didsbury, Disley, Dukinfield, Dunham Forest, Dunscar,Fairfield, Greenmount, Haigh Hall, Hale, Flixton, Hart Common, Haydock Park. High Legh Park, Horwich, Houghwood, Houldsworth, Lymm, Macclesfield, Manchester, Marple, Northenden, Pike Fold, Pleasington, Prestwich, Reddish Vale, Ringway,Rochdale, Saddleworth, Sale, Shaw Hill, Styal, Walmersley, Warrington, Werneth, Werneth Low, Westhoughton, Whitefield, Withington, Wychwood Park