Matches must be played under R & A Rules and Local Rules in Force on the Day
- Each team will consist of seven players, these being the lowest handicap players available with a Handicap Index of not more than 6.0. (Not the Course Handicap or Playing Handicap).
- Players with a Handicap Index higher than 6.0 may be used however the Handicap Index limit remains at 6.0 and they must play off that handicap.
- The team must include a PGA Professional registered to the relevant club. If a Professional is not played that game will be forfeited. Tournament professionals must not be used at any time.
- A maximum of two juniors aged 16 years or over on 1st January 2021 with the required Handicap Index can be played. The remainder of the players must be aged over 18 years on the 1st January 2021.
- Teams must play in Playing Handicap order with the highest pairing first and the Professional playing last.
- Before play commences the team captains must exchange team sheets in playing order with names, handicaps and age if under 18 years old.
- Any club failing to field a full team will forfeit the match not played. The opponent of the forfeited match must be in attendance and ready to play in order to claim the said match.
- In accordance with the World Handicap System a players Handicap Index will be amended to establish the Playing Handicap for the day which may or may not be more than 6.
- Stroke allowance is the full difference of the Playing Handicap..
- All games must be played to a result (no halves). A sudden death play off will take place in the event of the game being level after 18 holes.
- Members of more than one MDGA club can only elect to play for one nominated club in all 2021 MDGA team knockouts.
- A draw will be made for each round. The first named in the draw will be the home side and as such are responsible for arranging the match within the specified schedule. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. BOTH TEAMS should make every effort to open lines of communication on receipt of the draw.
- The HOME TEAM must offer a choice of four dates at least two of which must be either a Saturday or Sunday. The home team are under no obligation to offer any alternative dates to these four dates. The home team will decide on which tee are to be used for the match i.e white or yellow.
- Extensions to the closing date will not be granted and it is recommended that matches are played as early as possible so as to allow for a re-arranged match in the event of adverse weather conditions and course closures.
- A courtesy round should be offered for each round for a maximum of eight pairs. Arrangements are to be made between the relevant team captains.
- If a match is not completed in the specified time the MDGA Executive will adjudicate.
- The winners must notify the MDGA secretary of the result by text or email by the closing date of each round.
- Use of Buggies. Please refer to the MDGA Buggy Policy on the website.
- Should any contingency arise which is not covered by the rules the decision of the MDGA Executive will be final.
The following Teams have a Bye to Round 1
Alsager, Ashton on Mersey, Blackburn, Bramall Park, Brookdale, Chorley, Crompton & Royton, Darwen, Davenport, Disley, Fairfield, Glossop, Heaton Moor, Houldsworth, Knutsford, Lymm, Mellor & Townscliffe, Nelson, New Mills, Northenden, Pike Fold, Pleasington, Poulton Park, Prestwich, Ringway, Rochdale, Romiley, Rossendale, Sale, Stand, Stockport, Turton, Warrington, Werneth, Werneth Low, Whitefield, Wilmslow