Matches are to be played under R&A Rules and Local Rules in Force on the Day
- Each Team will consist of 14 players with the Handicap Index limit of not more than 20.0.
2. The team must include five players with a Handicap Index of 9.0 and under. The remaining nine players must have a Handicap Index of 9.1 to 20.0 inclusive. Teams can play in any handicap combination.
3. All players must be over the age of 18 years of age on 1st January 2022.
4. The stroke allowance will be the full difference between 50% the combined handicaps taken from the course handicap. This is achieved by both players in a team ascertaining their COURSE HANDICAP. The Course Handicap of the two players is then added together and divided by 50%. (Rounded up if necessary).
The other team then does the same and the full difference between the two totals is the stroke allowance for the match.
5. In the event of an individual match between four players finishing all square the match will be awarded to the away team.
6. Before play commences the team captains must exchange team sheets with the order of play. The order of play will be as the team sheet. Any team failing to field a full team will forfeit the match not played. The opponents of the forfeited match must be in attendance and ready to play in order to claim the match.
7. Members of more than one MDGA club can only elect to play for one nominated club in all 2022 MDGA team knockouts.
8. A draw will be made for each round. The first named in the draw will be the home side and as such are responsible for arranging the match within the specified schedule. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. BOTH TEAMS should make every effort to open lines of communication on receipt of the draw.
9. The HOME TEAM must offer a choice of four dates at least two of which must be either a Saturday or Sunday. The home team are under no obligation to offer any alternative dates to these four dates. The home team will decide on which tee are to be used for the match i.e white or yellow.
10. Extensions to the closing date will not be granted and it is recommended that matches are played as early as possible so as to allow for a re-arranged match in the event of adverse weather conditions and course closures.
11. A courtesy round should be offered for each round for a maximum of eight pairs. Arrangements are to be made between the relevant team captains.
12. If a match is not completed in the specified time the MDGA Executive will adjudicate.
13. The winners must notify the MDGA secretary of the result by text or email by the closing date of each round.
14. Use of Buggies. Please refer to the MDGA Buggy Policy on the website.
15. Should any contingency arise which is not covered by the rules the decision of the MDGA Executive will be final.
City Glass Mens Foursomes 3rd Round
It is the responsibility of BOTH teams to make contact as soon as possible.
All matches to be played and the winning team to have advised the Hon Secretary by email on MDGAINFO@Yahoo.co.uk by 8pm Monday 1st August. No extensions can be made to this date
Please make early contact with your opponents
Good luck to all teams