Matches are to be played under R&A Rules and Local Rules in Force on the Day
- Each Team will consist of 14 players with the Handicap Index limit of not more than 20.0.
2. The team must include five players with a Handicap Index of 9.0 and under. The remaining nine players must have a Handicap Index of 9.1 to 20.0 inclusive. Teams can play in any handicap combination.
3. All players must be over the age of 18 years of age on 1st January 2021.
4. The stroke allowance will be the full difference between 50% the combined handicaps taken from the course handicap. This is achieved by both players in a team ascertaining their COURSE HANDICAP. The Course Handicap of the two players is then added together and divided by 50%. (Rounded up if necessary).
The other team then does the same and the full difference between the two totals is the stroke allowance for the match.
5. In the event of an individual match between four players finishing all square the match will be awarded to the away team.
6. Before play commences the team captains must exchange team sheets with the order of play. The order of play will be as the team sheet. Any team failing to field a full team will forfeit the match not played. The opponents of the forfeited match must be in attendance and ready to play in order to claim the match.
7. Members of more than one MDGA club can only elect to play for one nominated club in all 2021 MDGA team knockouts.
8. A draw will be made for each round. The first named in the draw will be the home side and as such are responsible for arranging the match within the specified schedule. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. BOTH TEAMS should make every effort to open lines of communication on receipt of the draw.
9. The HOME TEAM must offer a choice of four dates at least two of which must be either a Saturday or Sunday. The home team are under no obligation to offer any alternative dates to these four dates. The home team will decide on which tee are to be used for the match i.e white or yellow.
10. Extensions to the closing date will not be granted and it is recommended that matches are played as early as possible so as to allow for a re-arranged match in the event of adverse weather conditions and course closures.
11. A courtesy round should be offered for each round for a maximum of eight pairs. Arrangements are to be made between the relevant team captains.
12. If a match is not completed in the specified time the MDGA Executive will adjudicate.
13. The winners must notify the MDGA secretary of the result by text or email by the closing date of each round.
14. Use of Buggies. Please refer to the MDGA Buggy Policy on the website.
15. Should any contingency arise which is not covered by the rules the decision of the MDGA Executive will be final.
Additional Covid Requirements for Foursomes Matches From England Golf
Should you wish to play foursomes golf the following is recommended:
• Each partner should use their own golf ball, which is only handled by that player. For example, the player teeing off from hole one is the only person who touches the ball from teeing off through to completion of the hole. The partner teeing off from hole two does likewise with their ball. Under the Rules of Golf, a partner is permitted to drop the side’s ball in taking relief even if it is not his/her turn to play the next shot. It is also permissible to drop another ball when taking relief.
• When marking and replacing the ball on the putting green this should be conducted by the partner the ball belongs to. Under this situation (or any other where the ball must be replaced) the original ball must be used and must not be substituted by another ball.
City Glass Mens Foursomes Team Knockout 2021 2nd Round
It is the responsibility of BOTH teams to make contact as soon as possible.
Covid Restrictions applicable on the day of the arranged match MUST be strictly complied with.
All matches to be played and the winning team to have advised the Hon Secretary by 12 Noon Monday 5th July 2021 . By text on 07980.449614 or email MDGAINFO@Yahoo.co.uk